Man suffocates after falling head first into bin filled with meat waste while looking for food


Garbage can (illustration) 
By: Mahesh Sarin

A homeless man lost his life while looking for food, police in Germany said.

The homeless man died after falling into a garbage bin that was full of meat waste and bones while looking for food outside a supermarket.

The man who was identified as Thaddeus, 56, suffocated after falling into the container head first. His body was found the next morning by workers of the Edekda Supermarket in Lower Saxony.

His flashlight was also recovered from inside the 53-gallon container, according to police.

Investigators viewed surveillance videos from the supermarket, which captured the incident. A police spokesman said that the man fell head first into the bin and he was unable to pull himself out.

A friend said that Thaddeus was a quiet person who did not want to bother anyone. He was just trying to find something to eat when the tragic accident occurred.