(Scroll down for video) Family members of a young man who died if a drug overdose, are fuming after the coroner accidentally cremated his body.
26-year-old Jorge Hernandez of Los Angeles, California, died following a drug overdose at the Glendale Adventist Medical Center.
The Los Angeles County coroner’s office took possession of the body, and the family expressed an interest in holding a funeral and burial.
However, a technician accidentally cremated the body as he did not check Hernandez’s case number and there was another man in the morgue with the same name who was scheduled to be cremated.
The other person was homeless. A spokesperson for the coroner's officer apologized to the family. Family members said that they were stunned to learn that Hernandez had been cremated.
They are very distraught and are preparing to file a lawsuit against the coroner. The family also wanted to donate Hernandez’s organs, but that is now not possible.