Attorney sues Popeye’s restaurant after he was not given plastic knife with chicken causing him to choke


Fried chicken (illustration) 
By: Wayne Morin

(Scroll down for video) An attorney filed a lawsuit against Popeye's restaurant after he choked on a piece of chicken that bought at a drive through, according to court documents in Mississippi.

Paul Newton, Jr. of Gulfport, said that his order did not include a plastic knife, causing him to use his teeth to rip pieces of chicken apart.

As a result, he bit off more than he could chew, and choked.

He was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he underwent an emergency surgical procedure. Newton told the court that he wants Popeye’s to pay all his medical bills, and for his pain and suffering.

He also wants the court to force the restaurant to include plastic knives in all orders so that customers can cut the chicken to appropriate sizes.