School principal finds mother passed out of heroin overdose on couch with 3-year-old son sitting on her chest
|Kaylee L. Macasaet|
(Scroll down for video) A mother was arrested on a charge of child endangerment after allegedly overdosing on heroin while her young son was home, according to police in Pennsylvania.
Latrobe police said that they have arrested 29-year-old Kaylee L. Macasaet, after a school principal found her passed out on a couch while her 3-year-old son was sitting on her chest.
Macasaet has been charged with child endangerment, possession of drug paraphernalia and aggravated assault. She was booked into the Westmoreland County Prison, and her bail was set at $20,000.
According to the criminal complaint, a Latrobe Elementary School bus driver dropped off Macasaet’s 7-year-old son in front of her house, but she was not outside and did not open the door.
Joann Japalucci said that she was concerned about the welfare of the boy and took him back to school.
Latrobe Elementary Principal Sherri Holler went to the boy's house and found Macasaet passed out on the couch with her 3-year-old son sitting on the top of her chest.
The 7-year-old boy was screaming for his mother to wake up, but she did not respond. Holler then called the police.
Macasaet told police that she had taken Adderall and four Xanax pills in an attempt to detox from heroin. Police found 247 empty heroin bags, syringes and burned spoons at the home.
The house had mold and spoiled food. The 3-year-old boy was wearing a dirty diaper. The guardian of the boys was called to take custody of the children.
According to police, Macasaet hit the guardian when he arrived.