Latest News

Woman’s home becomes covered with salad dressing after bottle explodes

By Mason White 5:59 PM November 9, 2016
Dorothy Lynch salad dressing 

By: Tanya Malhotra
(Scroll down for video) A woman in Wyoming, took pictures of a bottle of salad dressing after it suddenly exploded and covered her house with its content.

Divel McLean of Casper, said that she was preparing food for herself and her friend when she heard a popping sound.

McLean looked around and noticed the bottle of Dorothy Lynch, shooting salad dressing in the air. After a few minutes the bottle of salad dressing exploded, covering her home in the oily substance.

McLean said that it sounded like a firecracker going off inside the house. She took photos if the damage to her house in order to have proof, since she thought that nobody would believe her story.

A spokesperson for Dorothy Lynch said in a statement that a bacteria in the bottle caused the contents to bubble and to ultimately explode.

McLean estimates that she suffered $2,500 in damages. The salad dressing ruined her carpet, walls, a computer and a dress.