(Scroll down for video) A mother disregarded the welfare of her child and overdosed on heroin in a supermarket bathroom, according to police in Florida.
Sarasota police said that they have arrested 30-year-old Amanda Riley, after the supermarket store manager found her passed out in the bathroom.
Riley has been charged with one count of child neglect.
According to the criminal complaint, on Friday, the manager of the Wawa gas station, called the police to say that a woman is unconscious in the bathroom in an apparent overdose.
The manager also stated that there was a small child next the to the woman and the kid was crying. Police officers who arrived at the scene, found Riley in the bathroom.
Paramedics treated her on the scene, and transferred her to a hospital for further treatment. According to the police investigation, Riley left her father's house with the child and bought $20 of heroin.
She then drove to the Wawa gas station with the child and injected heroin into her right arm in the bathroom. The woman admitted that the urge to consume heroin was too strong.