A man was rushed to the hospital after suffering stomach pain because he swallowed numerous long nails, according to doctors in China.
The 28-year-old man of Aksu, who was not identified, swallowed eight nails measuring 6 inches, in order to impress his friends.
However, this did not end well as some of the nails punctured his stomach.
The incident unfolded two months ago, when the man tried to convince his friends that he was a professional sword swallower.
After being mocked by his friends, he pulled out a pack of large nails from his pocket and began to swallow one by one. After he had swallowed the eighth nail, his friends stopped him, fearing for his life.
It took two months for the man to start feeling pain in his stomach. The man checked himself into a hospital, where doctors took X-rays of his stomach.
Doctors were surprised by the X-ray images that showed several nails had pierced his stomach. Doctors performed surgery and removed the nails from his stomach.
The man told doctors that several years ago, he swallowed nails, but his body managed to excrete them.