By: Mahesh Sarin WorldWideWeirdNews.com
(Scroll down for video) A man died on New Year's eve while lighting fire crackers.
The man of Australia, was at the Budgewoi Beach with his wife Jo and their friends to celebrate the New Year.
At about 3:00 a.m., 52-year-old Barry Walsh and his friends decided that it was time to light large fireworks that he had saved for 10 years.
The father of two daughters walked about 30 yards away from where his friends and wife were sitting and he lit the fireworks.
They all watched in horror as the fireworks malfunctioned and exploded in his face. Friends performed CPR until paramedics arrived.
Walsh was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
According to witnesses, Jo Walsh was inconsolable when her husband's body was taken away and she had to be sedated. She was taken to the Wyong Hospital for observation.