Latest News

Dog causes cat to burn alive after turning on fire of stove while trying to get food

By Mason White 6:43 PM January 19, 2017
The burned home
By: Mahesh Sarin WorldWideWeirdNews.com

A pet cat tragically died after a dog started a fire in the kitchen, according to a fire department in North Carolina.

The Rolesville Fire Department said that the incident unfolded on Tuesday, while the homeowners were not home and the family pets were left alone.

According to the investigation, the incident unfolded around 10:45 a.m. at a home in the 1100 block of Buttercup Lane. A box of dog treats were left near the stove.

A dog jumped up and knocked the box over. At the same time, its paw turned the stove knob and a fire started. The box caught on fire and spread. The kitchen suffered heavy damage.

Firefighters who arrived at the scene, extinguished the fire, but unfortunately, one of the cats were dead. The homeowners’ other cat and their three dogs survived by running outside when the fire started to spread.