5-year-old girl dies of methadone overdose while in her grandfather's care


Drugs (illustration)
By: Chan Yuan WorldWideWeirdNews.com

A young girl of Australia, lost her life after she overdosed on a dangerous drug in her grandfather's care.

Police said that the 5-year-old girl died of a methadone overdose while under the care of her grandfather.

Emergency services were called to the family home on Quakers Road, in Sydney, after the girl was found unconscious.

Police said that the girl fell asleep while watching television with a friend, and when her grandfather tried to wake her up, she was unresponsive.

The 5-year-old girl was taken by helicopter to a children's hospital in critical condition.

“An examination at the hospital revealed that the child had methadone in her urine,” Hawkesbury duty officer Inspector Peter Jenkins said.

Police confirmed that they are now investigating the incident and they want to determine whether the overdose was accidental.

Methadone is a powerful drug commonly given to heroin addicts to suppress withdrawal symptoms.

So far, no arrests have been made in the case.


Loading...

Loading...
Loading...