Police sergeant dies at sperm bank after being overcome by fumesBy Mason White 4:29 PM February 8, 2017
|Sgt. Greg Meagher
By: Tanya Clark WorldWideWeirdNews.com
(Scroll down for video) A police sergeant who tried to rescue an employee who passed out at a sperm bank, died after being overcome by fumes, according to police in Georgia.
The Richmond County Sheriff’s Office said that 57-year-old Greg Meagher, died while responding to a distress call from Xytex Corp.
According to the police investigation, Xytex Corp. is a sperm bank that also provides semen to global health care professional and their patients.
On Sunday, Anita Wylds noticed smoke coming out from a room. Wylds tried to shut off a tank of liquid nitrogen, but passed out.
That is when police were called to the scene. Meagher entered the building, but he collapsed. Firefighters later entered the building with protective gear and brought the deputy out.
Three other police officers, Michael Woodard, Tiffany Justice, and Chris Hill, all complained of difficulty breathing and were taken to the hospital.
Meagher was taken to the Augusta University Medical Center, where he died of his injuries, while Wylds is still in critical condition.