17-year-old boy who died of dog bite wakes up on way to funeral


Dead teen (illustration)
By: Mason White  WorldWideWeirdNews.com

A teengaer who was presumed dead, was rushed to a hospital after waking up just several blocks from a funeral home, according to doctors in India.

Ningappa and Manjula Marewad said that their 17-year-old son Kumar, was bitten by a stray dog last month, while working at a construction site.

The wound healed nicely, but last week, Kumar began suffering from high fever.

He was taken to the hospital, where his condition deteriorated.

Doctors placed him on a ventilator, and told the family that Kumar had no chance of surviving the infection that spread to his entire body as a result of the dog bite.

Ningappa and Manjula decided to take their son off the ventilator and prepared his funeral as Kumar stopped breathing.

However, the family members were shocked when Kumar began breathing heavily, and shaking his hands and feet just several blocks away from the funeral home.

Kumar was rushed back to the hospital, where he is said to be in critical condition.

Dr. Mahesh Neelakhantannavar said that Kumar suffers from meningoencephalitis, which is an infection caused by dog bites.