2 brothers overdose on prescription drugs in elementary school after mother gave them epilepsy medicationBy Mason White 4:36 PM March 6, 2017
By: William Martin WorldWideWeirdNews.com
(Scroll down for video) Two young children passed out at school after overdosing on prescription drugs given to them by their mother, according to police in Pennsylvania.
East McKeesport police said that they have arrested 27-year-old Samantha Brown, after being accused of giving her kids epilepsy medication, which they took at school.
Brown has been charged with child endangerment among other charges. She was booked into the Allegheny County Jail, and her bail has been set at $50,000.
According to the police investigation, Brown gave her 8 and 9-year-old sons a large amount of the epilepsy drug Klonopin.
When the kids arrived at the Propel Braddock Hills Elementary School, they took the drugs and passed out. Paramedics were called to the scene after the children vomited and had foam coming out of their mouths.
The children were rushed to the UPMC Children’s Hospital, where they were treated and released. The kids told police that their mother gave them the drugs and told them to take it.