Sleeping man nearly dies from electric shock after charging his iPhone in bedBy Mason White 5:37 PM April 3, 2017
By: William Martin WorldWideWeirdNews.com
(Scroll down for video) A young man in Alabama, is lucky to be alive after suffering an electric shock from his iPhone charger while sleeping in his bed.
32-year-old Wiley Day of Huntsville, said that he will spend the rest of his life speaking about the danger of sleeping in bed with charging cellphones after God saved his life.
On Wednesday night, Day suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns on his neck and hands. Day was wearing a silver dog tag around his neck when he went to sleep in his bed.
As always, Day plugged in his iPhone and left it charging on his bed. In middle of the night, his necklace touched the exposed metal of the phone charges, sending electric shocks into his body.
Day woke up after being thrown from the bed. He felt pressure on his neck and ripped off the necklace. He then realized that he suffered severe burns on his neck and hands.
He was rushed to the Huntsville hospital, where he was treated and released.
Benjamin Fail, a physician who treated Day, said that his patient is lucky to be alive as the electric current was strong enough to kill him.
Day now charges his iPhone away from his bed. He plans to raise awareness about the dangers of sleeping next to charging cellphones.