Exploding bottle of Sunsweet Prune Juice destroyed elderly woman’s kitchen


Sunsweet Prune Juice
Sunsweet Prune Juice
By: Tanya Clark  WorldWideWeirdNews.com

A grandmother in the United Kingdom, is demanding compensation after a bottle of prune juice exploded while she tried to open it in her kitchen.

75-year-old Maurine Usher of Margate, said that the exploding bottle of Sunsweet Prune Juice, caused purple stains on her kitchen walls and ceiling.

She and another woman had tried to remove the stains, but their attempts were unsuccessful. Usher said that she bought the bottle at the Tesco located near her home on Darwin Court.

She paid about $3 for the prune juice, and headed home.

She went into her kitchen to have a cup of prune juice, but as she tried to open the bottle, it exploded, splashing juice everywhere.

She filed a complaint with Tesco, but the supermarket chain said that she has to take it up with the product manufacturer or distributor Humdinger Foods.

Usher contacted Humdinger Foods, but they claimed to be unable to move forward with the complaint without seeing evidence of the damage.

The company asked Usher to take pictures of the damage and email them the photos.

However, Usher refused their request, saying that she does not own a cell phone and has paid enough for phone bills to get compensation for the damaged kitchen.

Usher wants representatives of Humdinger Foods to come down to her home and see the damage the exploding bottle of prune juice caused to her kitchen.


Loading...

Loading...
Loading...