Woman suing Normandin restaurant after eating decomposing animal with E. coli that was mixed in her saladBy Mason White 1:42 PM June 30, 2017
By: Alexis Bell WorldWideWeirdNews.com
(Scroll down for video) A woman is no longer able to eat at restaurants after being served a dead animal with her salad, according to court documents in Canada.
55-year-old Pierrette Caouette of Terrebonne, said that she went to a Normandin restaurant in Quebec, where she ordered a salad.
After being served, she bit into a cucumber, which tasted odd.
When she took another spoonful of salad, she noticed something hard in her mouth and she was unable to chew.
She moved away the salad, and saw something that looked like a dead animal in her plate. Caouette immediately started gagging and called a waiter.
The waiter took her plate back to the kitchen, and Caouette was given a glass of water. Caouette demanded to know what was in her plate, but employees refused to tell her so she called the police.
Police officers who responded to the scene, went into the kitchen and then advised Caouette to go to the hospital.
Caouette received treatment and tetanus shots.
The department of health determined that the object in Caouette’s plate was a dead animal with high levels of E. coli.
Caouette is suing Normandin, after suffering from post traumatic stress disorder. She is unable to eat at restaurants.
Caouette is demanding $200,000 in compensation.
Normandin said that the dead animal did not originate from their facility, and blamed a company in California for sending them the contaminated food.
Normandin is a chain of family restaurants in Quebec. The chain was founded Normand Brie in Quebec City.
It has 40 establishments in Quebec, including 22 in the immediate area of the city of Quebec, and employs more than 2,300 people.