Health blogger accidentally poisons herself live on camera

Health blogger accidentally poisons herself live on camera


Zhang eating the plant
Zhang eating the plant
By: William Martin  WorldWideWeirdNews.com

(Scroll down for video) A health blogger who wanted to make a point about eating raw aloe vera, accidentally poisoned herself live on camera.

The 26-year-old woman who goes by the name Zhang, was live streaming as she was eating raw aloe vera after discussing the health benefits of the leaves.

In the video vlog, Zhang was heard saying “yum,” and this is great,” as she bit into the plant.

However, as soon as she began chewing it, Zhang realized that she made a mistake as it was too bitter to be aloe vera.

“That's bitter, really bitter,” she said. She said that her mouth became numb and her throat felt as if it was on fire. She quickly cut the stream and went to the hospital.

At the hospital, the doctors told her that she ate Agave Americana (American aloe), a poisonous plant which is often found in Mexico, and not aloe vera.

Doctors said that she did the right thing by rushing to a hospital, otherwise, the consequences could have been serious.

The poisonous plant caused rashes and blisters on Zhang’s body. Doctors had to pump her stomach to remove the poison in order to save her life.

The health blogger is now reported to be in stable condition.


Loading...