Young kids hospitalized after eating marijuana gummy bears that woman left on coffee tableBy Mason White 3:30 PM July 4, 2017
|Bobbie Lynn Johnson
By: Tanya Clark WorldWideWeirdNews.com
Two kids were rushed to a hospital after finding and eating gummy bears that were laced with marijuana, according to police in Florida.
The Pasco County Sheriff’s Office said that they have arrested 20-year-old Bobbie Lynn Johnson, after being accused of leaving the marijuana gummy bears within reach of two young kids.
Johnson has been charged with two counts of child abuse. She was booked into the Pasco County Detention Center, and her bail has been set at $10,000.
According to the police investigation, Johnson purchased two packages of gummy bears that were laced with marijuana.
She left them on the living room coffee table despite knowing that there were young children living at the home.
A 3-year-old girl and a 5-year-old child found the gummy bears and ate them. The 3-year-old girl then reported feeling ill and lost consciousness.
She was taken to the Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point in Hudson. While the girl was being treated, the 5-year-old child reported feeling ill.
Both children were taken to the All Children’s Hospital in St. Petersburg. The children said that they ate the gummy bears, which made them feel sick.
Johnson later admitted to leaving the gummy bears on the coffee table. Toxicology tests confirmed that the children had ingested marijuana.