Newborn baby dies from herpes after being kissed by infected person


Nicole Sifrit, baby Mariana, and Shane
Nicole Sifrit, baby Mariana, and Shane
By: Tanya Clark  WorldWideWeirdNews.com

(Scroll down for video) The newlywed parents of a newborn baby in Iowa, are devastated after she died as a result of being kissed by a person who was infected with herpes.

33-year-old Nicole Sifrit of Iowa City, said that she and her husband Shane, had to leave their wedding early to take their baby Mariana to the hospital.

It all began on July 1st, when Nicole gave birth to a healthy baby girl she named Mariana. The mother and baby were discharged from the hospital in excellent health.

On July 7th, Nicole and Shane got married. During the wedding ceremony, the newlyweds noticed that Mariana was very sick.

The couple left the wedding and took their baby to the Des Moines children's hospital.

Doctors took tests, and they determined that Mariana was suffering from Meningitis HSV-1, which is caused by herpes.

Doctors told the couple that it was very likely their child got herpes from a kiss by someone who was infected.

Both parents tested negative for the virus. When her condition worsened, the baby was taken to the Iowa City Children's Hospital.

Things went from bad to worse, and in just a few hours, Mariana stopped breathing and all of her organs failed. A few days later, Mariana died.

Nicole is warning parents never to allow anyone near their newborn babies.


Loading...

Loading...
Loading...