Latest News

Flaming cocktail burns two customers at bar

By Mason White 4:43 PM July 23, 2017
Flaming cocktail (illustration)
Flaming cocktail (illustration)
By: Mason White  WorldWideWeirdNews.com

(Scroll down for video) Two people who ordered a flaming cocktail, were rushed to a hospital after suffering severe burns to their upper bodies, according to police in Texas.

Highland Village police said that the incident unfolded at the Shoal Creek Tavern, on Wednesday evening.

The couple ordered the flaming cocktail, and while the bartender set the drinks on fire, a bottle of alcohol broke. The beverage caught on fire and injured the couple.

The victims were taken to the Parkland Medical Center, where they are being treated for severe burns from the waist up. Their injuries were not considered life threatening.

The bar was shut down for a few hours, following the incident.

Police are investigating the incident, but so far, no charges have been filed.