Latest News

Family members murder teenager and hide her in freezer in honor killing because she wanted to marry her lover in London

By Mason White 4:53 PM July 23, 2017
By: Alexis Bell

A teenager and her friend were attacked in an honor killing after they befriended guys, and their family did not approve the relationships, according to police in the United Kingdom.

London police said that the 19-year-old woman, who was not identified, was found dead in the freezer of a home while the 21-year-old woman was stabbed once and managed to flee and ask for help.

According to family members of the two women, the victims both had boyfriends and the teenager planned to marry her lover.

Some of the teen’s family members decided to murder her to stop the marriage in an honor killing. The 19-year-old woman was stabbed to death and her body was stuffed in a freezer.

The 21-year-old woman managed to escape and asked for help.

She is currently recovering in a hospital and is in critical condition.

According to a press release by the police, on Wednesday, at approximately 5:00 p.m., officers got reports of concern for the welfare of the two women.

As a result, officers went to a home in Sutton and then to a house in Merton. Neither woman was at either of the addresses.

At 7:00 p.m., police were alerted by staff at a south London hospital after the 21-year-old woman was admitted suffering stab and slash injuries.

As a result of the evidence provided by the 21-year-old woman, officers went to a home in Coombe Lane West, Kingston, at around 8:00 p.m.

The body of the 19-year-old woman found in a freezer.

Detective Chief Inspector Samantha Price, who is leading the investigation, said: “Our investigation is at an early stage, and we are doing everything we can to fully understand the circumstances of this terrible attack on two young women.

“At this stage, one line of enquiry is that the two women were taken against their will to the address in Kingston, by a man who they both knew.

“They were last seen safe and well at an address in Merton, prior to police being contacted about concerns for their safety and welfare.

“It is clear that both women were subject to a violent attack, resulting in the death of one woman. Fortunately, one of the women managed to get away from the address and seek help, how this happened will form part of this investigation.”

Three people were arrested as part of this investigation. A 33-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder. A second man, 28, was also arrested on suspicion of murder.

They both remain in custody at separate south London police stations. A 29-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.