Latest News

Baby dies after suffocating in his car seat inside closet

By Mason White 8:25 AM August 10, 2017
Megan Norris
Megan Norris
By: Alexis Bell

(Scroll down for video) A little boy in Texas, died while sitting in his car seat that was left inside a closet.

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office declared the death an accident.

They concluded that the baby died as a result of being strangled by the car seat’s belt.

Megan Norris of Weatherford, dropped off her 9-month-old son John Norri at the babysitter’s home before she went to work.

Two hours later, at 10:00 p.m., police were called to the 600 block of Woodpecker in Fort Worth, on a report of an unconscious person.

When they arrived, they found the boy still strapped in his car seat inside a walk-in closet.

Apparently, the babysitter took him from the mother and placed him inside the closet so that he can sleep without being disturbed by noise from the other children in her care.

When the babysitter went to check on the child after two hours, he was unconscious. Emergency workers were unable to save the child. John was pronounced dead at the scene just after 10:15 p.m.

Police found 10 more children at the home. CPS (child protective services) was called as the woman was running an unlicensed child care service.

According to the medical examiner’s office, John suffocated after sliding down in the car seat, as the bottom strap was not properly connected.

So far, no charges have been filed against the babysitter, who is still being investigated for running the unlicensed babysitting service.