Oral surgeon who was suspended for pulling wrong teeth from her patients dies of drug overdoseBy Mason White 8:18 AM August 20, 2017
|Dr. Mansureh Iravani
By: William Martin WorldWideWeirdNews.com
An oral surgeon who was suspended over complaints from her patients, was found dead of an apparent drug overdose.
First responders were called to a home in Bismarck, North Dakota, where they tried to revive the woman with Narcan, but were unsuccessful.
Investigators said they found fentanyl, a synthetic opioid, inside her home.
Police identified the deceased woman as 50-year-old Dr. Mansureh Iravani.
In March, the North Dakota Board of Dental Examiners opened an investigation and Dr. Iravani’s license to practice was temporarily suspended after two former employees filed a complaint.
Dr. Iravani, who had her own practice as an oral surgeon, was accused of pulling the wrong teeth from patients, doing procedures without enough sedation, leaving her patients screaming in pain, and ripping surgical stitches from a patient’s mouth.
Dr. Iravani denied any wrongdoing. “They have made me sound like I’m a monster, and I have to basically prove I’m not a monster. I am going to do everything in my power to come back and be a good oral surgeon for this community,” she said at the time.
Her suspension marked the second run-in with the board. In 2013, Dr. Iravani’s license was temporarily suspended after she crashed her car and police determined that she had meth in her system.