26-year-old woman pursuing her bucket list before losing her eyesight dies from food poisoning during tripBy Mason White 3:34 PM August 23, 2017
By: Emily Lewis WorldWideWeirdNews.com
A family was shocked over the sudden loss of their daughter while she was enjoying a vacation.
26-year-old Alexandra Noghaven of Miami, Florida, who earned her degree in political science and was the youngest employee at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in Washington, suddenly died.
Noghaven and her sister Jonvi, were in Mexico, as part of a bucket list to see the world before going blind.
The young woman was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when she was just 9-years-old. At the age of 22, a doctor informed Noghaven that she would likely lose her eyesight in 10 years.
“She spent her free time traveling the world and seeing what would be lost to her,” her mother Anne Jackaway said.
While spending some time traveling the country, the sisters went out to eat at different restaurants. The day before her sudden death, Noghaven suffered from food poisoning.
Her mother believes that the food poisoning spiked her blood sugar level out of control without her daughter realizing that she was in danger.