9-year-old boy suffers massive heart attack because he took big bite out of hot dog


Hot dog (illustration)
Hot dog (illustration)
By: William Martin  WorldWideWeirdNews.com

A young boy suffered a massive heart attack as a result of chewing off a large piece of hot dog, according to doctors in Turkey.

The 9-year-old boy of Istanbul, suffers from a rare condition called Brugada syndrome, which could cause sudden cardiac arrest.

Heart attacks could be triggered from high fever, consuming alcohol, or like in this case, putting too much food in the mouth.

Dr. Isa Ozyilmaz of Mehmet Akif Ersoy Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery Training and Research Hospital said that the boy was eating hot dogs with his family when he took a large bite from his food.

After several seconds, the boy passed out.

At first, the family thought that the boy choked and called for help.

Paramedics who arrived at the scene, did not notice anything in the boy's throat, and confirmed that the child suffered cardiac arrest.

The boy's heart was restarted and was rushed to the hospital.

After undergoing lots of testing, doctors diagnosed the boy Brugada syndrome.

The boy's family has no history of heart disease.

Brugada syndrome is characterized by abnormal electrocardiogram (ECG) findings and an increased risk of sudden cardiac death.

It is named for the Spanish cardiologists Pedro Brugada, Josep Brugada, and Ramon Brugada.

It is the major cause of sudden unexplained death syndrome (SUDS), also known as sudden adult death syndrome (SADS), and is the most common cause of sudden death in young men without known underlying cardiac disease.


Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...