Latest News

11 teenagers hospitalized after eating marijuana gummy bears

By Mason White 3:37 PM September 10, 2017
Gummy bears (illustration)
Gummy bears (illustration)
By: William Martin

(Scroll down for video) A group of teenagers who were eating marijuana laced sweets, were rushed to a hospital after falling ill, according to police in Indiana.

The La Porte County Sheriff’s Office were called to a home, where 6 men and 5 women suffered from rapid heart rates pain and blurred vision.

According to the police investigation, the incident unfolded on Thursday night.

The 11 teenagers, aged between 18 and 19, were partying in a home located in the 5200 North block of County Road 325.

The teens then began eating marijuana laced gummy bears.

They quickly became very ill.

One of the teens called 911 after suffering from hallucinations.

Officers who responded to the scene, and learned that the victim was suffering from rapid heart rate, pain in the legs and blurred vision.

The victim was able to tell police that another 10 teenagers ate from the gummy bears and were ill as well.

Police located the other ill teens and they were taken to the hospital.

Police said that the gummy bears were purchased in a state that has legalized recreational marijuana.