Venomous snake bit woman who walked into LongHorn SteakhouseBy Mason White 5:00 PM September 26, 2017
By: Tanya Clark WorldWideWeirdNews.com
(Scroll down for video) A woman went through a terrible ordeal after walking into a restaurant in Virginia.
Rachel Myrick of Fredericksburg, said that on Tuesday afternoon, she, her 13-year-old son Dylan, and boyfriend Michael Clem, went to the LongHorn Steakhouse for dinner.
After walking through the door, Myrick felt a sharp pain on her foot.
At first, she thought that she was stung by a bee.
When she took her next step, the pain was so excruciating that she fell to the ground.
She then noticed that a copperhead snake was on her foot.
She shook it off and screamed that she had been bit.
The copperhead snake is venomous, but its bite is usually not fatal to humans.
Myrick was bitten three times, twice on her toes and once on the side of her foot.
She was taken to the Mary Washington Hospital, where she was treated for swelling to her foot, left thigh and hip.
She was given antivenom to counter the snake’s venom, morphine for pain, and Benadryl to block any allergic reaction.
After several days, Myrick was discharged from the hospital.
She currently walks on crutches as it is too painful to step on her left foot.
It will take three months to fully recover.
The LongHorn Steakhouse is investigating how the snake got into the restaurant.