Latest News

12-year-old boy dies of drug overdose during sleepover birthday party at friend’s house

By Mason White 5:05 PM September 26, 2017
Kanye Champelle
Kanye Champelle
By: Alexis Bell  WorldWideWeirdNews.com

(Scroll down for video) A young boy who went to a sleepover at his friend’s house, died as a result of a drug overdose, according to police in Ohio.

Columbus police launched an investigation into the death of 12-year-old Kanye Champelle.

Champelle’s father, Robert Bren Jr., said that his so went to his friend’s house for the sleepover to celebrate a birthday.

During the evening, Champelle was found unresponsive.

People at the house called for help.

Paramedics who arrived at the scene, removed a piece of chewing gum from Champelle’s throat.

Champelle was rushed to the hospital, where he died.

At first, doctors thought that the boy died as a result of choking on the chewing gum, but an autopsy revealed that Champelle’s brain died from fentanyl.

Fentanyl is 50 times more powerful than heroin.

Police are investigating how the boy got his hands on the drug.