Latest News

Man died and several others were injured after drinking 7UP contaminated with meth

By Mason White 5:17 PM September 26, 2017
Cans of 7UP (illustration)
Cans of 7UP (illustration)
By: Emily Lewis  WorldWideWeirdNews.com

(Scroll down for video) The government of Mexicali in Mexico, has issued a warning about 7UP contaminated with meth.

A 37-year-old man died and seven others suffered injuries after drinking from the 7UP soft drink that was contaminated with meth.

The meth was found in 2 liter bottles of 7UP.

Investigators do not know how the meth ended up in the 7UP.

The maker of 7UP, Dr. Pepper Snapple Group, said that the issue seems to be only in Mexico, and no incidents of contaminated soft drinks were reported in the United States.

The health department in Mexicali, reported that the six people who were hospitalized after drinking the meth-laced 7UP, were released, while a seventh victim was still being treated.

The health department has ordered retailers to remove 7UP from shelves.

The department also urged consumers to return 7UP to the point of purchase for a refund.

A spokesperson for the health department said that anyone who develops symptoms such as nausea, stomach pain or vomiting after drinking 7UP, is urged to immediately go to the nearest hospital.

The Attorney General of the State of Baja California said that his office has launched an investigation regarding the death of one person and the intoxication of another 7 who allegedly ingested soft drinks containing methamphetamine.