Latest News

Man stole $220 speakers from Walmart before crashing car and leaving his 2-year-old son to die as he fled on foot

By Mason White 7:00 AM October 6, 2017
Christopher Kuhn, Kenzy Trievel, and Qadan
Christopher Kuhn, Kenzy Trievel, and Qadan
By: Mason White

(Scroll down for video) A father cried uncontrollably in court when he learned that his 2-year-old son died in a hospital after he fled the scene of an accident he caused.

27-year-old Christopher Kuhn of Hamilton, New Jersey, went to a Walmart in Pennsylvania, with his son Qadan.

During their shopping trip, Kuhn stole speakers that cost $228. He placed the item into the shopping cart, where his son was sitting, and walked towards the door without paying.

Security officers tried to stop him, but Kuhn managed to escape. He then placed the merchandise and his son inside the car.

Police said that there was a car seat in his gold colored Jeep, but he did not secure his son inside as he tried to quickly get away from the scene.

Detectives said that Kuhn took the time to place a sweater over his license plate before he sped off.

Sadly, while speeding, Kuhn ran a red light and caused a three car accident. His 2-year-old son was ejected from the car and landed on the road, according to an affidavit.

Witnesses told police that Kuhn walked over his injured son as he ran away from the scene, police said. Qadan was rushed to a hospital, where he died.

Kuhn was arrested. He faces 6 charges, including third-degree murder, homicide by vehicle and endangering the welfare of children. He is being held on bail of $5 million cash.

Qadan’s mother Mackenzy “Kenzy” Trievel, wrote a heartbreaking tribute to her son on Facebook.

She also said that the court system failed her son.

“The system is so messed up. I have told everyone I could what a terrible person Kuhn was and how he didn’t deserve to have my son because he was using drugs,” she wrote.

She added that the courts never mandated that her son’s father get help for his drug use. Instead of giving the mother sole custody, the court gave Kuhn custody of the child three days a week, which ultimately led to his untimely death.