Restaurant serves maggot infested steak to couple celebrating 1,000 day anniversary


Maggots crawling on steak
Maggots crawling on steak
By: William Martin  WorldWideWeirdNews.com

(Scroll down for video) A couple in Australia, was shocked to get a steak that was infested with maggots while they were celebrating their 1,000 day anniversary of being together.

Stella Kim and Sushil Lamichhane, both of Sydney, visited The Hotel Ranch.

They ordered a medium cooked steak and look forward to a great experience to celebrate their love.

When Kim got her steak, she was shocked that it was infested with maggots.

Kim complained, and she was offered a refund and a voucher.

Kim took a video of the maggots crawling on her steak and uploaded it to Facebook, where it went viral.

Kim wrote: "Hi everyone, I would like to share my horrible experience at The Ranch Hotel, North Ryde on Wednesday night.

"We ordered steaks, and one of our steaks was full of worms. Live worms coming out of the steak. We couldn’t believe this was happening at one of the big restaurants in Australia. I don’t know how many people are affected by this.

"Here’s a video. Sorry you have to see this. On top of that, the Ranch has been deleting our reviews. Also, their whole tab for reviews at their Facebook page has been disappearing recently.

"I hope NSW Food Authority City of Ryde, takes some action to deal with this offensive and disgusting service, as they are putting a lot of diners at risk. I wish no one has to go through this horrible experience.

"We have lost our appetite. Also, Ranch has been saying this happened instantaneously and worms bursted out somewhat like the Big Bang that created our universe. If someone is an expert in biology and thermodynamics please review the video so that they are educated on food handling."

The Ranch Hotel responded: "The Ranch Hotel was made aware of a situation involving one steak served on that night. The Hotel takes all food safety issues very seriously and has conducted a thorough investigation into the matter.

"Our investigation concluded that the incident was due to blowfly larva laid after the meal was cooked, as it is not possible for larvae to survive the cooking process.

"The Ranch Hotel served 262 steak meals on the day with no similar instances or concerns raised by any other customer. All our kitchen staff members are experienced and accredited in food safety, and The Ranch stands by its food safety record and processes.

"We have been in contact with the Council to investigate and endorse our findings and with the customer to express our apologies."

Kim was offered a $500 gift voucher, but she turned it down.