U.S. Latest News

Young woman fatally shoots her 64-year-old sugar daddy in the face because he decided to kick her out of his home

By Tanya Clark 12:58 PM November 9, 2017
Michael McNew and Jennifer Lynn Morrissey

A young woman became angry when her sugar daddy told her to move out of his home, according to police in Pennsylvania.

Bucks County District Attorney Matthew D. Weintraub announced that the 33-year-old woman was charged with criminal homicide in the shooting death of 64-year-old Michael McNew.

McNew was found dead in a chair inside his home along the Delaware River in Washington Crossing of a bullet wound to the head.

He had been shot once in the face, an autopsy determined.

Jennifer Lynn Morrissey, who lived in McNew’s house, was charged with criminal homicide, burglary, possession of instruments of crime, and tampering with or fabricating physical evidence.

Morrissey was arraigned before Magisterial District Judge Michael W. Petrucci of Newtown, who denied her request for bail.

She is being held at the Bucks County Correctional Facility.

According to the police investigation, Morrissey, who was ordered by McNew to move out of his house on River Road, fatally shot him on the evening of August 6, and then returned hours later to make the scene appear as if a robbery had occurred.

One of two firearms registered to McNew, a .380 caliber Smith & Wesson handgun, was missing from his home.

A .380 caliber shell casing was found near his body, and his cell phone was missing.

When first interviewed by police about the slaying, Morrissey tearfully cast suspicion on her boyfriend.

She claimed that she had not visited McNew’s house since July 31, and had not resided there for several months.

Cell phone records suggest otherwise.

Account records for Morrissey’s phone show that it utilized cellular towers near McNew’s home between 9:34 p.m. and 9:45 p.m. on August 6.

A court-approved search of Morrissey’s iPhone found user-deleted text messages recounting an argument between Morrissey and McNew on the evening of August 6.

McNew texted that he was boxing up her belongings and placing them in storage for her to pick up.

McNew further texted that Morrissey was not welcome at his home and that he would defend himself if she came.

Morrissey responded by texting numerous threats of violence, including “get the gun ready cause I’m coming, I already told you that I’ll be there tonight. Guess you’re just going to have to shoot me. I’m going to stab you. I’ll gut you like I’m field dressing a fu**ing deer.”

The examination of Morrissey’s iPhone further found wireless connection information indicating that the phone had auto-connected to a wireless router inside McNew’s residence at 9:37 p.m. on the night of the slaying.

A confidential informant told investigators about an argument between Morrissey and McNew in which McNew threatened to give the FBI information about Morrissey’s boyfriend.

Two other confidential informants told investigators that Morrissey said to them that she had gone to McNew’s home to confront him, took away a gun he was holding, and accidentally shot him with it.

The informants said Morrissey spoke of returning to the house afterward to stage a robbery scene, but gave different versions of whether she was alone or with a man on the second visit.

A fourth confidential informant told police that Morrissey had expressed concern about a burglary she had committed, saying she was worried that her phone and smartwatch might place her at the crime scene.