Asia Latest News

Man causes explosion in store by biting iPhone battery

By Mason White 1:32 PM January 24, 2018
iphone battery explosion

People in an electronic store were left shaken after a battery exploded into a ball of flames.

According to witnesses, a man came into the electronics store in China, looking for a replacement battery for his iPhone.

When he found the battery he was looking for, the man decided to bite it to somehow test its authenticity.

However, the battery suddenly exploded in a ball of fire.

Video of the strange incident that was captured on the store’s security camera was posted to the Internet, where it went viral.

It has since been viewed more than 4.45 million times.

In the video, the man is seen placing the iPhone battery in his mouth and proceeding to bite it. Seconds after removing it from his mouth, the battery exploded.

Thankfully, no one was hurt during the terrifying ordeal.